Re: [MiNT] Aniplayer

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 5:07 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-11-19 at 04:20 +1300, Paul Wratt wrote:
>
>> hmm.. the "./" search in the code sounds a bit cack handed, and should
>> probably be fixed. Changing this in MiNT wont affect Magic, or apps
>> that use SLB..
>
> What do you mean? To drop looking in .\ if SLBPATH is empty? Or to look
> in .\ also when SLBPATH is defined? In what order?
>
>> The current default SLBPATH setting should be updated to reflect most
>> common setups, so any new kernel releases should have something like
>> the following in mint.cnf:
>> setenv SLBPATH ./;/c/mint/slb;/c/gemsys/slb
>
> Yes, that setting in the example cnf can cause confusion. I think it
> should be commented out by default.
>
> Also, when SLBPATH isn't defined MiNT should look in a default folder
> (like $SYSDIR\..\slb\) instead of .\. That would be the equivalent of
> MagiC's XTENSION-folder.
>
> Jo Even

Ok, I think of this from the point of view that I just unzipped an
app, want to test it to make sure it works, before I place it in "its
permanent home"

in that case, any app that uses SLB will fail if:
a) code does not check ./ even if SLBPATH is set
b) if SLBPATH does not include ./

as for $SYSDIR\..\slb, I also prefer the previously mentioned
C:\gemsys\slb which is apprently common on Magic also, especially now
that I know C:\gemsys\ldg is a default path

That way, if for some reason, mint were installed on a drive that
previously had Magic running, things get found "out of the box"

I think C:\mint\slb is common for MiNT simply because it was always
set like that as an example in the mint.cnf and so should also be kept
as a default.

I dont think SLBPATH should be commented out in any default mint.cnf,
as that would defeat the purpose of adding ./ (or .\)

Paul