Re: [MiNT] Aniplayer

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:40:42 +0100, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>
> wrote:
>
>> So if SLBPATH is specified, .\ will never be searched. It can easily be
>> fixed, but what is the specified search order for SLB's?
>
> I just checked how this works in MagiC 6, which I believe defines the SLB
> functionality.
>
> MagiC 6 does not look in .\. If the path to the SLB is not passed to
> slb_open(), or the SLB is not found in this path, MagiC looks either in the
> XTENSION-folder or search in SLBPATH.
>
> So I think the current behaviour in MiNT is correct. If you want MiNT to
> look in .\, just add .\ to SLBPATH, like this:
>
> setenv SLBPATH .\;u:\c\mint\slb;\u:\c\gemsys\slb
>
> Jo Even

hmm.. the "./" search in the code sounds a bit cack handed, and should
probably be fixed. Changing this in MiNT wont affect Magic, or apps
that use SLB..

That said, the easiest work-around also implies a fix (saving on time
coding), and that is to set the SLBPATH as mentioned in mint.cnf to
include ./ (or .\) by default

The current default SLBPATH setting should be updated to reflect most
common setups, so any new kernel releases should have something like
the following in mint.cnf:
setenv SLBPATH ./;/c/mint/slb;/c/gemsys/slb

Paul