Re: [MiNT] Missing clobbered register in gemlib

>> I tried your program on Steem with TOS 1.62 and it crashes on the trap #2
>> inside v_opnwk().
>
> It crashes on v_clswk here (I believe).

It is not exactly surprising that fVDI crashes when someone closes the
physical screen workstation. I doubt it has ever been tried before...

That said, it would of course be preferable to have it working properly.

I doubt I'll be able to find the time to debug this before Christmas,
unfortunately. But if anyone wishes to try it themselves, it's not
really difficult to debug the VDI and AES. What you need to do is
simply to start some program with a normal debugger, put a break point
at the Trap #2 vector, and single step from there. Normally, you'll
soon run into some kind of jump via a vector table. From there, figure
out where the function you are interested in is situated, put a new
break point there, and continue.
Of course, for a VDI you don't have the source to, the ensuing single
stepping is not exactly a pleasant experience...
Still, it shouldn't be too hard to follow the fVDI sources while
debugging, and if you actually get a bus error or something, you might
not even need to worry about the break points and single stepping.
Just Start the program in the debugg and wait for the crash, then
figure out where you are.  ;-)

> And why should it not be allowed to open a workstation? Even if there is one
> open already?

That is sort of what physical workstation means. There can only be one
of them per screen.

/Johan