Re: [MiNT] Missing clobbered register in gemlib

Henk Robbers a wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to make the clobber list A0-A2, D0-D2.

It is really a must. I speak from nose hurting experience.

I'm really annoyed we don't have a small testcase showing that additional registers can be clobbered. For example, I have made some tests recently with the GEMDOS trap #1 on TOS 1.62, it never clobbers d2 and a2, they are backuped explicitly in the ROM.

Other thing, we should not consider "the traps" as a whole. Each trap could have its own clobber list.

Anyway, since the official rule seems to be that d0-d2/a0-a2 can be clobbered, I'm going to provide a full patch for the GemLib. We have seen the inline versions, there are non-inline ones, too.

--
Vincent Rivière