Re: [MiNT] Missing clobbered register in gemlib

Am 18.12.2009, 12:03 Uhr, schrieb Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:

I'm not aware of the Restore-Palette problem, but if it involves AES

It involves VDI-calls from inside XaAES. This is a quick test-case for a working vs_color.

Now the pixel-detection also works, but not in 16-bit video - I get the same EF40 as in the previous version.

Also v_clswk still bombs.

pid  19 (AESSYS): Setexc 256, E0EDE6 -> E1DA36
pid 19 (AESSYS): signal #10 raised [syscall_pc 0x657DA, exception_pc 0xE00F24]

Is it really sure that there are no more clobbered regs in gemlib?

I wrote a small prog to get blinking cursor when I boot into a shell on the TT, which does open a physical wk and closes it again. On aranym this needs super-mode (set with prgflags), on normal TT not. But it does not bomb on aranym.

calls, especially AES functions potentially returning values through pointers passed in arguments, the clobbered register bug is certainly in cause. That bug was very dangerous, because some AES calls didn't return the right results, an the memory was randomly trashed.

Of course this is dangerous!

This bug has been found when testing SDL programs with the GEM driver for ColdFire. Don't forget to thank Patrice Mandin and Didier Méquignon for tracking down this bug.

Ok - cheer them too!

-Helmut