Re: [MiNT] Missing clobbered register in gemlib

Helmut Karlowski a écrit :
Restore-Palette works with the actual gemlib16! So many fvdi-related issues may be working now too. I'll check this later.

Cheers to Mr. Riviera! :)

I'm not aware of the Restore-Palette problem, but if it involves AES calls, especially AES functions potentially returning values through pointers passed in arguments, the clobbered register bug is certainly in cause. That bug was very dangerous, because some AES calls didn't return the right results, an the memory was randomly trashed.

This bug has been found when testing SDL programs with the GEM driver for ColdFire. Don't forget to thank Patrice Mandin and Didier Méquignon for tracking down this bug.

Note: Now this bug is fixed, Doom for GEM works on my ColdFire evaluation board at 25 FPS :-) It should work on the ACP prototype, too, when we have a good VDI driver. Currently we have only the EmuTOS VDI, and we have not tested yet.

--
Vincent Rivière