Re: [MiNT] Strange getcwd() return value

On Fri, 2013-10-25 at 08:10 +1000, Miro Kropáček wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>
> wrote:
>         Maybe it would be a good thing if MiNTlib had a wrapper
>         for rsrc_load() to avoid this problem.
>
> And perhaps all the others, incl. the functions for current drive and
> path which would handle these differences internally. Something as

I don't think that's necessary for the GEMDOS-calls, as their
functionality is fully covered by MiNTlib itself. But it would make
sense for the AES- and VDI-calls where paths and filenames are involved,
like shel_write.

Yes, you can use unix2dos/dos2unix to convert the paths but wrappers
around these AES-calls would be a more elegant solution I think.

> Btw Jo, good job with explanation of this issue!

Thanks. IIRC it's not the first time the DOS drive/path-model has caused
confusion. Programmers don't deal with this anymore, when you develop
for Windows today these things are so well hidden you never see them.

Jo Even