Re: [MiNT] Strange getcwd() return value

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 19:55 +0200, Ole wrote:

>    /                                  <mountpoint>        /  folder
>
>  [specifies the root filesystem]    [specifies the disk]    [specifies a
>  folder on the disk]
>
>  That's how it is on FreeMiNT, at least I thought so.

It's important to understand that FreeMiNT is not unix, but DOS. And
there is no such thing as a root filesystem in DOS. Like Helmut says, a
preceding "/" in a path does not refer to the root of the filesystem
(which would be a constant thing) but the calling process' current
drive. And *that* can be anything :)

Maybe that's the reason why you have to start NetSurf from u:\ for it to
find it's resource file.

Jo Even