Re: [MiNT] Strange getcwd() return value

Ole, 24.10.2013 19:55:20:

Am Donnerstag, den 24.10.2013, 01:00 +0200 schrieb "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>:

You'd have several /'s then, I don't think that would be sane (in
posix-land).

I don't know what you mean. In linux a path like /f/netsurf is perfectly valid and I use such path every day.

   /                                  <mountpoint>        /  folder

[specifies the root filesystem] [specifies the disk] [specifies a folder on the disk]

 That's how it is on FreeMiNT, at least I thought so.

It is for MiNT-aware programs, but not for TOS-programs running under MiNT. If you pass /f/xy to a TOS-program it would use X:/f/xy, X: being the current drive. So all mintlib-output is handled that way (and reversed in input). If you break this by passing mintlib-output to non-mintlib-functions you'll get an error.

I don't know much about linux, but it is certainly no default standard to have /d/ for D:/, you need something like fstab to provide these links.

Of course /dev/drive in MiNT is complete nonsense because it does not exist, and I don't like that.

I think I convert all this /dev/-stuff in my own programs when I encounter it.

--
Helmut Karlowski