Re: [MiNT] Strange getcwd() return value

Am Donnerstag, den 24.10.2013, 21:03 +0200 schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

Like Helmut says, a
preceding "/" in a path does not refer to the root of the filesystem
(which would be a constant thing) but the calling process' current
drive. And *that* can be anything :)

Now we are talking. That's what I call nonsense. Maybe FreeMiNT wants
to do behave like that - I will not. Using / as an placeholder for some specific disk/partition is just stupid in my eyes. Linux uses it to point to the root of all filesystems: the unified filesystem. Using this chracter as a pointer to some
specific partition makes sure there will be trouble with sane people.

Greets,
Ole