Re: [MiNT] [MiNT]patches, was: Mintlib: Bindings for EsetShift() and VsetMask()

Am 13.12.2009, 14:05 Uhr, schrieb Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk>:

When only the process that started the km is allowed to free it, I think
it should be enough for the moment.

I don't think that's enough either because if it's a shell and you
did ...

xaloader &

that would background it and still keep the shell available, then you
could attempt to unload from that shell and still crash the system
because xaaes may still be in-use.

1. I run xaloader without &, and if even I do, I cannot access the shell as long as xaaes is running.

BTW: Xaaes receives no keyboard when xalaoder was started async, never did this before.

2. Only xaloader may free xaaes, even if the shell is available: its another process.

The caller xaloader is stored in the km-struct, and no one else may free the km.

-Helmut