Re: [MiNT] [MiNT]patches, was: Mintlib: Bindings for EsetShift() and VsetMask()

Am 13.12.2009, 01:14 Uhr, schrieb Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk>:

I must have missed this, but can you tell me why you'd want to free a
loaded module ? What about if it's in-use - what happens ?

That's up to the process that loaded the module. But you are right: anyone
would be able to free any loaded module with this call, that's why I'd
rather have run_km return a unique id to identify it. And currently there
is no way to say if it is in use.
Some counter for users could be added.

These are things to keep in mind.

I use this in xaloader, and currently xaaes is the only km I know so it
should not be dangerous to anything else atm.

-Helmut