Re: [MiNT] [MiNT]patches, was: Mintlib: Bindings for EsetShift() and VsetMask()

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Helmut Karlowski <hk10@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 14.12.2009, 07:12 Uhr, schrieb Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com>:
>
>> I sounds like because XaAES is the only current KM, some more work is
>> needed in various areas of it. But without another KM to test with and
>> against, it may be differcult to get practical results..
>
> You are right. But I' say that the near goal should be to make the current
> environment as stable as possible first. Just run xaloader.prg from inside
> xaaes for example ..
>
> The run_km would need a complete rework (and rethink). Next version!
>
> -Helmut
yes, can we get a list of these specific items somewhere, as someone
may wish to investigate various possibilities before stability is
reached.

This may also influence stability fixes also, especially if fVDI where
outlined as KM in the meantime..

There are a lot of idea regarding many aspects of what are currently
mostly unrelated, simply because they are separate projects, or
separate parts of a project.

It would help in design if everything could be cross referenced
easily, am may expose unforeseen problems or new solutions to what
currently look like separate issues..

what is the possibility of using AtariForge or SpareMiNT for this
purpose, all list members should have access to allow direct
contribution. This may help ColdFire deveploment also..

Although there is an immediate need for a stable release, it would
allow the next development phase to begin sooner rather than later,
and may show that other areas need work beforehand..

Specifically, to finish this post in context, are there any other
issues pertaining to KM's or that could affect KM's even in a
round-a-bout way?

Paul