Re: [MiNT] on Mega ST

Ok, that was a great effort, and the previous post have turned up some
issue that require fixing, or looking at.. which is a good thing..

OK, what next..

1st off, I recently tested the new Teradesk in STEem, and it would not
run unless tos 2+ was used.. I have been meaning to ask Djorje about
that.. there did used to be as "plain tos" version in the archive, not
any more..

2nd, although i agree ext2fs should now work with 000, that current
work dates from around 2000 when Frank still had a 000 specific
version (according to docs & info). I think here, that if Vincent
fixes code for v4e then by default there should be 000 as well (may be
wrong here, it may be 020+)

OK, so atm:

1) use old Teradesk (3.97) or other desktop (Jinnee or Thing, and
rememeber Thing is now free if you can find 1.29, there is key posted
on MiNTlist and ACP list)

2) atm, dont need any other fs.. if you want a SpareMiNT/GentooMiNT
drive, in the meantime use MNX (Minix) and "minit" to format it (I
finally found one, even though it is in "sys/tools" the FreeMiNT cvs).
However you dont need this to run MiNT (or simple /bin)

3) You should be able to boot XaAES without mouse driver, alt arrow
key support should still work.. in actual fact the mouse wheel driver
should still work even if you dont have a mouse wheel, but in your
case try only "moose.adi". If there is still a problem, then there is
some new bugs introduced on 000 systems. It might be that there is 030
code in there...

The FileSelector issue may be the reason why Teradesk fails also (same
error..) and I know that there have been changes in that, you can now
use external file selector (run boxkite before xaaes).. however the
problem may be linked to A drive too (more testing here)

Oh, yeah one last thing.. I am not 100% sure why "dummy.xif" is
hanging, because it is actually a driver skeleton (it is empty), again
it may be a build issue, but as far as i know, all drivers are still
000, but again, you should not need it

Well, you got further that I thought you would, and it has shown a
couple of things that need ironing out..all of which is a good thing

Now just to get a mouse & desktop working..

Paul