Re: [MiNT] Undelete

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 09:24:24 , Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 3:01 AM, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
>> > A few years ago I built Photorec:
>> >
>> > http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
>> >
>> > It runs but won't recognise the partitions. Here is the old version
>> > I built.
>> >
>> > http://www.p.slegg.scubadivers.co.uk/download/testdisk
>> > http://www.p.slegg.scubadivers.co.uk/download/photorec
>> >
>> > Someone may know how to get it to work under Mint. Roger Burrows suggested
>> > libio IIRC
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Peter
>> >
>> was there a time when it did work correctly (ie 1.16.3 or 1.15.13)
>>
>> Paul
>
> No, not that I am aware of. I think it is just a difference in how the
> drives are recognised. I expect Mint is a bit different to unix.
>
> Having a good undelete tool would be a real bonus.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

you could try looking thought some old sources, and maybe through the
FreeMiNT cvs:
/sys/tools/mkfatfs
/sys/tools/mk2efs
/sys/tools/minit

the drive stuff should be the same, but I think it is how/where they
are access. All the above check for XHDI >1.? so that may help if
figuring out a way to get Photorec to work..

Also, maybe a look through the filesystem drivers themselves may show
you some things. I did notice there are some FS related things missing
from /kern so maybe it is time to get things upto speed (I have
started work on ext3 driver)

Hope you find something in all that

Paul