Re: [MiNT] Keyboard-problem with XaAES helmut-branch

On 06/12/2010 12:55 PM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

>> It's not related to the load here. And I'm quite sure that you've
>> changed plenty of bits since September ;-) It doesn't have to be
>> directly related to keyboard handling.
>
> The symptoms are pretty clear: I had this always.

And I haven't. If this has happened before, it must have been very
rarely because I've never noticed it. But with the new build it happens
about 50% of the time.

> Do you use an old kernel or the current one? Try also with another
> kernel. And try to run xaaes from mint.cnf.

Current kernel. I have tried with an older kernel and did not notice any
difference. I have not tried running XaAES from mint.cnf though. Will
try this ASAP.

> Have the xaaes-threads the same pgrp as init?

Yes.

>> But when I kill Taskbar, the hotkeys still doesn't work. I have to
>> reboot to get them working again. top says that idle has 99% cpu.
>
> I've never seen this. Does it affect all Ctrl-Alts or only Ctrl-Alt-Q/S?

All of them, e.g. Ctrl-Alt-Clr, Ctrl-Alt-Y...

>> About the XaAES-hotkeys not working I've only seen this when Taskbar
>> becomes unresponsive.
>
> Try to open the taskmanager from the main-menu and see if Ctrl-Alt works
> again.

Will try.

>> It has worked fine for me up until the latest MiNT/XaAES-build. I've had
>> clipbrd pointing to u:/ram/clipbrd since 2007.
>
> I'm pretty sure that it's kernel or qed. In the MiNT-debug I get:
>
> pid  72 (qed): Dopendir(U:\ram\clipbrd\): error -33
> pid  72 (qed): Fxattr(U:\ram\clipbrd\): path2cookie returned -33
>
> Leave away the last \:
>
> clipbrd=u:\ram\clipbrd

Tried this, there is no difference.

Jo Even