Re: [MiNT] Keyboard-problem with XaAES helmut-branch

Am 12.06.2010, 00:23 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

Now you know how it feels ;)

Well, it happens all the time with this build. If I switch to the one
from September that I have been using it does not happen.

But it did not change a bit since then. It might be related to your taskbar-problem: The Ctrl-Q-issue mostly appears when the system is busy (extensive HD-access etc.).

You mean in connection to taskbar or just plain apps crashing?

In connection with Taskbar. It could be a problem with Taskbar, or it
could be accidental since I use Taskbar all the time.

I will run aranym with teradesk&taskbar to see what happens.

There seems to be a pattern. When Taskbar becomes unresponsive, XaAES'
Ctrl+Alt-hotkeys stops working. So it seems to be related to the

Same here when system is too busy.

keyboard handling. I don't know if the hotkeys stop working because of a
problem with Taskbar, or if Taskbar stops working because of a problem
with XaAES.

According to top Taskbar eats all available CPU when this happens, but
general performance seems to not be affected. It looks like Taskbar is
busywaiting for something. I really must dig into this tomorrow night.

This seems to be the source of all this. Do the keyboard-problems happen also without taskbar?

> I get the same message with xaaes 0.998 from 2008.

ith Aranym/hostfs or with clipbrd on ramfs? I have been using qed every
time I've switched on my Milan since I got it, and I have never seen
this problem until tonight. If I switch back to XaAES from September
last year, the problem is gone.

It was u:\ram\clipbrd\. I forgot to mention this. It seems that everything other than C:\clipbrd\ does not work for qed.

--
Helmut Karlowski