Re: [MiNT] GEMlib/XaAES : graf_mouse(M_SAVE, M_RESTORE and M_LAST)

> graf_mouse(259) _restore_ the saved mouse form: why the name used is
> M_LAST. IMO it should be
> M_RESTORE.
> graf_mouse(260) set the mouse form to its _last_ shape. why the name
> used is M_RESTORE? IMO it should
> be M_LAST (or M_PREVIOUS).
>
> What i suggest is that the compendium and gemlib are wrong, and
> MT_AES is right.
>
> if in a C piece of code i found the followning:
> /* some code */
> graf_mouse(M_SAVE);
> /* some other code */
> graf_mouse(M_RESTORE)
> /* ... */
>
> i expect the 2nd graf_mouse() call to restore the mouse form saved in
> the 1st graf_mouse call. Don't
> you ?

Yes. However, if this is a question of wording, I cannot decide. Such labels
should definitely have logical names, but I don't know if they do. If you
are sure, that you can swap these two and update the documentation without
risking a big mess, go ahead.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to juz natura pospólstwa, albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).