Re: [MiNT] fVDI and ARAnyM (was: Re: Shutdown() discussion)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Standa Opichal wrote:

> Hi Odd!
>
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Frank Naumann wrote:
>
> > > I'm looking forward the oVDI implementation as this should be the one
> > > compilable just like the FreeMiNT kernel using gcc and
> > > possibly crosscompiler. (Hey Odd! :))
> >
> > You can already check it out from cvs and test it, just ask ozk about the
> > CVSROOT :-)
>
> Could I get the CVSROOT yet? ;)

:pserver:anoncvs@sparemint.atariforge.net:/vfm

 However, it is not testable yet. This is because since I develop this on
the Hades, it needs emulator.prg from the Nova VDI. Emulator.prg sets up
the NOVA cookie, which points to a XCB structure, the API nova VDI uses to
program the graphics card in question .. in my case the ET6K. If anyone is
using Nova VDI and is brave, go ahead and test it, but make sure you only
make tests with 8 or 16-bit color depths. If this XCB API is similar
across different cards, oVDI should run with it. To test, replace sta_vdi
with ovdi. ovdi_dev.c is what will be the 'XCB-driver' oVDI driver, and
will be separated from the generic stuff when I get all color-depts
implemented. time.c, vbi.c, bottom of vt-52.c, kbddrv.c, ikbd_mouse.c and
... perhaps others I've forgotten, contain stuff that will be external
loadable drivers/modules.

If it runs, please dont be shocked by how slow it is ;-) One aim is to
make this as portable as possible. Speed is up to drivers.

 I will not let anyone get write access until I feel the time is right, so
please dont ask for that yet :) I am determined to have the drivers
separated from the main project before I let anyone have write access.

 Anyone using nova vdi now may compile and test it. ovdi must be placed in
freemint source tree to compile correctly. freemint/ovdi. Is this
correctly explained?

 Any reports regarding oVDI should go to the MiNTList, if thats OK with
everyone?

 Have fun.

--
 Regards,