Re: [MiNT] GEMlib/XaAES : graf_mouse(M_SAVE, M_RESTORE and M_LAST)

Hello,

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:32:16 +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz <draco@obta.uw.edu.pl> wrote:

The good one is what Arnaud notice, the 259 option restore the mouse
save
by 258 (test on Magic)
and 260 restore the last (previous) mouse changed.
This is correctly define in MT_AES from andreas Kromke in Magic
documentation.

And what about taking a look into TOS 4.0 release notes (in the freemint
CVS)?

Done : we all agree on what graf_mouse(258/259/260) do.

The problem is the constant name given in compendium/gemlib for theses values. BTW, there's no name proposal (M_RESTORE, M_SAVE...) in the tos4rn.

I put here my previous post to be clear:

graf_mouse(259) _restore_ the saved mouse form: why the name used is M_LAST. IMO it should be
M_RESTORE.
graf_mouse(260) set the mouse form to its _last_ shape. why the name used is M_RESTORE? IMO it should
be M_LAST (or M_PREVIOUS).

What i suggest is that the compendium and gemlib are wrong, and MT_AES is right.

if in a C piece of code i found the followning:
/* some code */
graf_mouse(M_SAVE);
/* some other code */
graf_mouse(M_RESTORE)
/* ... */

i expect the 2nd graf_mouse() call to restore the mouse form saved in the 1st graf_mouse call. Don't
you ?

best regards,
Arnaud.