Re: [MiNT] CVS on Atari

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 11:58:46PM +0100, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> And BTW, where is the CVS for MiNT? Don't tell me you all already
> switched to Linux and develop all stuff under crosscompilers. That would
> be sad..

AFAIK cvs (and rcs, its prerequisite) compile out of the box under
MiNT. You will need that even for future GUI based clients.

Hm, writing a CVS front end should be no problem for an experienced GEM
programmer.  Take the sources of tkcvs or cervisia, replace the X resp. tk
stuff with GEM and off we go. I am quite happy with the command line
and/or emacs, so don't ask me to do it. ;-)

Another easy way if you are familiar with Perl and have a web server
installed: Take the sources to cvsweb and extend it to allow cvs
commits. Not that hard, but you have to find some way to access the local
file system from the browser (unless you want to force the user to type in
relative paths for every commit).

Hm, the problem is: If you intend to write a GUI frontend for cvs you
have got to become familiar with the command line interface first.  Once
you have grown accustomed with cvs in the shell you won't see the need for
the GEM frontend any longer ... ;-)
No, not a lie, just a description of _my_ way into rcs/cvs. ;-)

Ciao

Guido