Re: [MiNT] CVS on Atari

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 12:07:43AM +0100, Jan Krupka wrote:
> Dne St, 22 lis 2000 jste napsal(a):

Napsal, not napsala. ;-)

> Hi,
>
> > Hm, writing a CVS front end should be no problem for an experienced GEM
> > programmer.  Take the sources of tkcvs or cervisia, replace the X resp. tk
> > stuff with GEM and off we go. I am quite happy with the command line
> > and/or emacs, so don't ask me to do it. ;-)
>
> Have you working Emacs on Atari? Where from I can download it?

Not on but beside my Atari. On my Linux box. ;-)

I don't think that it would pose principal problems to build emacs for
MiNT.  Some extensions may not work but I would guess that the emacs
configure mechanism is smart enough to work around that.

But I don't think that you would want to work with emacs on an m68k
machine.  I think that emacs demands vastly more resources than typical
Atari machines care to provide.

You can however start emacs on a remote machine as long as you can access
your local filesystem (nfs or ftp) from that machine.  That's what I
do.  If you like it you can even run emacs from a telnet or ssh session in
your TosWin terminal window.

Ciao

Guido