Re: [MiNT] Country codes

On 09/01/2013 15:34, Alan Hourihane wrote:
What about the _AKP cookie. Applications could use that value,

As I said previously, the UI language from the _AKP cookie was destroyed by the kernel when >= 6, so unless I'm very wrong, it was unusable. So no Greek or Russian application could have relied on the _AKP cookie on FreeMiNT/XaAES.

Except if keyboard.tbl was able to change the UI language like Jo Even said... I'm a bit lost.

and am I right in thinking these language values would already have
been advertised to applications, regardless of XaAES ?

I only found documentation about those extended country codes in the FreeMiNT and XaAES sources. They were so much hidden that we didn't find them when adding initial support for them in EmuTOS, so we created new codes.
This is why I strongly suspect that no one used those FreeMiNT codes...

So, I'm not sure what that means then.

This means that I discovered an inconsistency between EmuTOS and FreeMiNT, and I would like to fix it now (whatever the solution is) instead of waiting for the the situation to become worse.

--
Vincent Rivière