Re: [MiNT] Country codes

On 09/01/2013 11:57, Alan Hourihane wrote:
I think there's more chance of breaking existing code that's been long
standing in XaAES, than EmuTOS.

Is this true?
As I saw, the integer codes are only used internally by XaAES, they don't affect the user experience or configuration files. Moreover, there was the kernel bug I fixed recently which prevented using country codes >= 6 from the NVRAM. So I can't see any scenario where changing the FreeMiNT country codes could break something.

However, new information from Helmut:
The number is returned in appl_getinfo.

I don't know how much this is important.

It's only come to light because there's probably more people testing
EmuTOS snapshots in these countries than those testing XaAES snapshots
in these countries.

Actually, no one noticed.
I saw that issue by looking in both EmuTOS and FreeMiNT sources.

How many people are affected in EmuTOS ?

I don't know.
I have invited the relevant people to join the discussion here.

--
Vincent Rivière