Re: [MiNT] How program CWD can change during appl_init() call?

Hi,

On tiistai 08 tammikuu 2013, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> > On tiistai 08 tammikuu 2013, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> >> Eero Tamminen, 08.01.2013 16:56:02:
> >>
> >> Doesn't seem to be memory-corruption. Try the current build please and
> >> a debug-kernel if possible.
> >
> > Can you give pointers to binary builds of them which you'd like
> > me to try?
>
> Just the latest build from Alan:
>
> http://www.fairlite.co.uk/FreeMiNT/builds/freemint/trunk-08012013.tar.bz2

I took trunk-09012013.tar.bz2 from today.

> The XaAES is: ./mint/1-18-CUR/xaaes/xaaes040.km
>
> I've uploaded an aranym-debug-kernel here:
>
> http://home.arcor.de/zabruder/atari/system/mintara.prg.gz
>
> But that is my branch.

Under these, the lines in TosWin2 are staggered (as Vincent
mentioned in earlier mail thread).  With 1-17-0 release kernel,
the lines worked fine in TosWin2.  My TosWin2 version is the one
coming with 1-17-0 MiNT release.

The TosWin2 version coming with the trunk package just crashes on
startup, to NULL pointer access.  This happens both with your and
the trunk version of mintara.prg MiNT kernel.

> > (It's also possible this is Aranym related bug, but I think
> > XaAES looks like the strongest candinate currently.)
>
> It's a little bit chaotic in appl_init in XaAES.
>
> I just tested a purec-compiled GEM-app to start from a toswin-shell and
> it did not change the dir.
>
> When this also happens in the current build, it should be quite easy to
> spot.

The issue happens also in the current build.

	- Eero