Re: [MiNT] XaAES 1.18 desktop

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:39 PM, WongCK <wongck68@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just tried MyAES (you may have seen my postings in AF)
>

>> with a short menu bar visible, Teradesk icons were always under the
>> menu bar,
>>

> Yes, this is true and I hate it because i have to move the icons down to see it whole.
> After saving it, when I went back to XaAES v1.17 (because more software seems to work on XaAES) the icons are too low !!
> So I have to move it back.
> ..
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> rgds
> WongCK

this is why I asked for the icon offsets to be added to the Teradesk
config, so they could be chaged quickly and painlessly (under
deskicons={ add xoff=2 and yoff=25 )

plus in TD (and others) you can load a new config, and the configs can
be changed with a text editor, as well as compiled at runtime with
command line scripts (if you have an console shell)

I kind of agree about the new features, at least for these test
releases and nightly builds, as it save on having to announce every
change or added feature (from Helmuts/Alans point of view), but for
the standard release (at least at the moment) they should be off, just
because it will be usable and recognisable "out-of-the-box"

Maybe as zDesk and (the new) Thing come up to speed, features like
this one can be on by default in future releases

Paul