Re: [MiNT] Network and USB problems with NetUSBee

Hello,

> It's o.k. there's no more inet4.xdd's from me.
> The last one was basically the same inet4.xdd from 1.16 with the mint
> version checks removed.
> So the difference isn't in our codebase. Maybe Odd hasn't submitted
> something that makes his inet4.xdd work for your environment.

Hmm, Assemsofts and EasyMiNTs inet4.xdd behave the same (work good on 1.16).
EasyMiNTs (your "version check removed") and trunk inet4.xdd show DL problems
with 1.17 and 1.18.
So is it possible that this problem is caused by changes somewhere else in MiNT?
Something that is not transmission-related but perhaps some kind of buffer-,
data- or cache handling... because downloads run fast until they stop.
Just an idea...

@ Peter:
> If you send an email with MyMail with a large attachment, does it stall
> and then behave like it has finished ?  You may find that the email hasn't
> actually been sent.
> This is what happened to me with 1.16 and inet. With dial-up or 1.15.12
> (which doesn't use inet) worked perfectly when sending or receiving large
> files.

This was part of the mtu-discussion some years ago, IIRC. No, this never happened
here:
- 1.16 + modem: No problems (the good slow old days ;-) )
- 1.16, 1.17 and 1.18 + ethernec(NE2000 card perhaps not properly working):
  Speed slow, massive amount of in-errors in ifconfig, but up/downloads are
  working good (no stop, all mails are sent+received correct).
- 1.17 and 1.18 + NetUSBee: DL stop, Mymail hangs when receiving mail often ->
  broken mails in inbox. Didn't really test sending mails with large attachments.

Regards,
Lars