Re: [MiNT] XaAES multi-language help needed

2011/1/10 Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>
Christos Tziotzis wrote:

>  I will also request a small addition for XaAES. A ctrl+alt combination for
> calling swkbd if that's possible (in the same way that xaaessnap works).

You mean an alert should pop up and ask for a specific keytable?

What if Ctrl-Alt could be configured like:

C-A-U="run someapp with args"
C-A-Z="run anotherapp with args"

or similar?

But you could also easily switch tables from a shell.

-Helmut

Indeed the C-A-U run someapp with args is a good idea as long as it can be predefined in perhaps the XaAES.cnf. Imagine the situation where you write text in a word processor where you need to switch between english and the non latin language every 5-10 words. My solution was to have teradesk do it with a shift +fX shortcut which was tedious to say the least. Move the mouse to teradesk, use the keypress, go back to word processor. Ideally a keyboard language indicator could be placed somewhere in the upper bar.
The way I am imagining is C-A-U calls swkbd greek.tbl and C-A-Z swkbd english.tbl . The best possible solution though would have been if the same keypress toggled through the available tables. Most of us would have 2-3 at most.

@Jo Even, great, already made one without deadkeys using your program.

At the moment I am looking at converting the deja vu fonts to fnt's using ttf2gdos. Hopefully that will work.

Regards
Christos