Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

On 07/10/2010 06:13 AM, Paul Wratt wrote:

> Then again, we are talking about MODERN web browsers in this case, so
> as long as the interface is usable, and "nice", it doesn't really
> matter how it is implemented or even what it looks like.

This is just plain wrong. Period. Like in any other GUI, people expect
GEM apps to look and behave a certain way. This is (or was) one of the
biggest problems with X. Every app did their thing their own way. Like
implementing a unique fileselector in every app.

Also, it contradicts your visions about skinning. Skinning requires the
application to use ordinary objects as defined by the AES. If they
don't, you can't implement a global theme/skin.

Jo Even