Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:47:54 , Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> On 07/10/2010 06:13 AM, Paul Wratt wrote:
>
> > Then again, we are talking about MODERN web browsers in this case, so
> > as long as the interface is usable, and "nice", it doesn't really
> > matter how it is implemented or even what it looks like.
>
> This is just plain wrong. Period. Like in any other GUI, people expect
> GEM apps to look and behave a certain way. This is (or was) one of the
> biggest problems with X. Every app did their thing their own way. Like
> implementing a unique fileselector in every app.
>
> Also, it contradicts your visions about skinning. Skinning requires the
> application to use ordinary objects as defined by the AES. If they
> don't, you can't implement a global theme/skin.
>
> Jo Even

I agree with both of you.

Having a modern, fully functional web browser on FreeMint would be
great at this time. Ideally it would be a proper GEM app but as
we say "beggars can't be choosers". I am not bothered if the first
port is not GEM compliant. I am sure it can be improved later.

Peter