Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

Am Mittwoch, den 07.07.2010, 00:56 +0200 schrieb Peter Persson
<pep.fishmoose@gmail.com>:

> What exactly do you mean by "support 16bit natively"? Even the built-in
> VDI TOS-VDI in the Falcon works in 16-bit modes.

Yes, the screen output works, but the VDI color definiton is to small to
use 32 bit values. And I think it's doesn't even support 16 bits.
VDI's definiton of an color is: "an index into an palette". So I'm limited
to use the colors of this palette. I expect the numbers of colors to be
very low...
an 16bit / 32bit Gfx card will offer much more colors than the VDI
palette.

> The only tricky thing is the pixel format detection. What kind of
> functionality are you talking about?

put_pixel(32bit_color_value, x, y)
and
put_pixel(24bit_color_value, x, y)