Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

5 jul 2010 kl. 12.49 skrev m0n0:

I don't have an "extended graphics" Atari like the hades or TT with an gfx
card.
My main target for netsurf is the Firebee, but I would like to have
compatibiliy with hades, CTPCI falcons and all the other High-End
Atari's...

VDI offers no interface for True-Color mode, at least that's how I
understand it.
One thing clear: I don't wanted Atari-Netsruf to depend on NVDI (it
doesn't support True-Color, anway).

You need to implement an array of functions to convert graphics to the current pixel format. The VDIs available does not provide safe/useful information about this,
unfortunately. The only way to know for sure is to probe the screen, i.e. blit a block with known data to the screen and read it back using a pixel read function.

Apart from that, all VDI functions work as they should (afaik).

It's probably idea to make it possible to override the pixel format properties in some configuration file.

-- PeP