Re: [MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] freemint/sys/sockets/inet4

Odd Skancke wrote:
I really hope you are right. I dont know enough about the alternative compilers to make a correct statement here..

The only differences I'm aware of are:

1) Clobber lists in inline assembly.
GCC 2.95 needs to add the output register variables in the clobber list (is this really true ?), GCC 3.x and higher forbids it. It has been fixed for a long time in our sources with the __CLOBBER_RETURN() macro.

2) Preprocessor bug on #if
gcc 2.95.3 has bug in '!=' operator for negative constants

For example, the following test is misinterpreted by GCC 2.95.3
#if EOF != -1

It has to be written like this to be compatible with all compilers:
#if !(EOF == -1)

--
Vincent Rivière