Re: [MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] freemint/sys/sockets/inet4

Mark Duckworth wrote:

> Ok, I am able to get maximum free memory on 14mb falcon afer mint of
> 11,176K.  A make distclean runs out of memory even.  So there is no way
> to build freemint on a stock falcon with gcc 2.95.3 even.

I don't remember the details, but under certain circumstances I ran out
of memory on my 32Mb Afterburner while building MiNT with 2.95. So I'm
not surprised that it doesn't work on a 14Mb Falcon.

Anyway, gcc is so slow that it's not practically usable on a plain
Falcon. Why are we using this compiler? Because of the lack of alternatives?

Jo Even