Re: [MiNT] obsolete aout binutils?

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Patrice Mandin wrote:

- Someone does he work on a decent GCC port ( with working C++
compiler)?

First, we could run the 'make bootstrap' and the various g++ testsuite
that comes with gcc to check what is broken or not (big hard disk space
needed, and cpu hours). I think we should use a real atari for this,
because an emulator could have a cpu/fpu emulation bug.

While I cannot really help too much with the fixes at this point (I do not have time/concetration right now, building a house, selling on Ebay, packing and moving til October at least), I have started this part.

That is, I have a build of GCC 3.3.6 that I did on my CT60 Atari Falcon last week. As with 3.3.3, the regular C compiler seems fine for the little I have messed with it, but g++ does not work. I used your (Patrice's) patches for it.

Where should I (or someone) go with this? I looked a little into the testsuite, but did not find any solid documentation on using it, might not have been looking in the right place though, and did not spend much time on it. I am not much of a compiler/OS guy, but I am willing to try to learn......

Keith