Re: [MiNT] obsolete aout binutils?

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 16:46 +0200, Zorro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The points are:
>
> - Someone does he work on the virtual memory support?
> - Someone does he work on the shareable libraries?
> - Someone does he work on a decent GCC port ( with working C++ compiler)?
> - Someone does he work on the binutils?
>
> It's a real pity than I'm not a system coder otherwise I would have made
> something :-/
>
> I'm alone to want that?
>
> Guido, Franck, Draco, Patrice.. Any help/code will be *very very much*
> apprecied by all the community.

Yeah... seriously.  Do you guys want money?  I can give you money!  ;)
Not much though, especially to slip between 4 people.  :(  I would love
to help but I had a tough enough time determining how to implement a
full chroot.  I don't think I'll be implementing vm ;)

I agree with guido about the binary format.  If there's no true
advantage than by all means we should keep our current format since you
can still make a mintlib program that runs under tos/magic.

But in that case IIRC gas has a bug that needs fixed or something of
that nature because it's not generating the relocation information,
presumably because of poor testing by other users.

Thanks,
Mark