Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

Odd Skancke a écrit :

Have I said that?

That is exactly what you said above.
definitively not !

I know that my English is quite basic and sometimes wrong but you have misunderstood completly.

I resume:

Evans: "...developers to write to XaAES as a standard, and we can start dropping support for old bugs...". Me: "If we do that, our apps will not work anymore on MagiC/MyAES/Naes/TOS".

Is it the same thing that "Please dont implement new things not compatible with MagiC or N.AES"?

You do what you want and the coder will use what they want.

Before to finish my last mail on this topic, I give you my "application developper" and user opinion.. it's not *THE* truth but only my opinion:

Except in the system utilities case, this is completely stupid to code only for one AES/VDI. Every day, I curse software like Emailer, Porthos, Guitar, etc... because it doesn't work on all the AES/VDI/OS.

Of course, we can't keep compatibility with very old OS but to support MagiC 6.x and Mint 1.1x is the minimum because the majority of Atarians use these OS.

Today, there remains 300/400 Atarians, I don't think that it's a good idea to support only a small part of them.

Without any doubt, I will change my opinion if we have more users and the only way to do that is to port XAAES or another AES on X86 ( above Linux or BSD for example).

And I have no intention to break compatibility.
fortunately not.

wind_calc() and faulty usage of it.
"fautly usage of wind_calc()" ?
Where is it defined?

You have said:"wind_calc() can not be used like in WinDom if we want to be able to change themes without restarting the AES".

So because you will implement themes changing we can't use wind_calc() as before?

Off course we can change that in Windom or in our applications and, to be honest, it's not the real problem but keep in mind that it's not only a problem with this lib, others softwares like RSM, etc.. use a lot of wind_calc() calls.

Ciao,
Zorro