Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 22:14 +0200, Ingo Schmidt wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> > I have no idea. I've never meet this bug by myself : i use windom which
> > have a workaround for that kind of bug...
>
> ???
> That is most mysterious! Why fix a bug that is not even there?! That
> seems nonsense to me.

This came about in the infancy of AES 4.x (was that Falcon TOS 4, or
MultiTOS or both?) that supported attaching a toolbar to the window.
Anyway, it was a latter addition to the AES and none of the third party
AESs at the time supported it, nor any older AES.  The problem was that
the AES considered the toolbar part of the working area of the window,
and not part of the decoration.  Its unclear if its a bug or a bad
design, but it seems that most of the new AES systems assume the issue
was a bug since they don't include the toolbar as part of the window
work area.

Hopefully, the fact that XaAES is integrated with MiNT and is now one of
the fastest and most stable AES systems, will encourage application
developers and library developers to write to XaAES as a standard, and
we can start dropping support for old bugs and 3rd party features and
kinda lean out the application code and standardize the API a bit.