Re: [MiNT] MiNT & GCC 3

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 15:21 -0400, Mark Duckworth wrote:
> Well this one is pretty obvious.

The fact that the kernel would require user-level libraries isn't
obvious to me :)  The libraries should call the kernel, not the other
way around.  The dependency is a bit curious to say the least, but the
information is good to know!  Getting gemlib to compile shouldn't be too
hard.  Should I grab CVS or a recent tarball?

> You're missing the GEMLib rpm's on your system which XaAES needs to
> compile.  You're well past the freemint kernel - it was successfully
> compiled.  It's available under buildroot/sys/.compile_030 (or 040, or
> deb, etc... just do a ls -la to see what hidden dirs are there).

I figured the kernel itself was done and the xaaes was all that was
left.  I just assumed that any dependent code would be packaged with the
kernel, and didn't even consider that gemlib would be needed.

Thanks for the help!