Re: [MiNT] MiNT & GCC 3

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 16:14 -0500, Evan Langlois wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 15:21 -0400, Mark Duckworth wrote:
> > Well this one is pretty obvious.
>
> The fact that the kernel would require user-level libraries isn't
> obvious to me :)  The libraries should call the kernel, not the other
> way around.  The dependency is a bit curious to say the least, but the
> information is good to know!  Getting gemlib to compile shouldn't be too
> hard.  Should I grab CVS or a recent tarball?

Obvious to me ;)  Not necessarily anyone else ;)  Just use the sparemint
RPM.  It's quite current..  Make sure to install the -devel rpm if it
exists.  You are using an easymint distro right?

Anyway, as I said your kernel is BUILT!  The kernel compile suceeded.
What is not done is XaAES and other tools like toswin2.  You can ignore
this unless you're interested in testing the CVS XaAES, toswin2 and
others as well.

> > You're missing the GEMLib rpm's on your system which XaAES needs to
> > compile.  You're well past the freemint kernel - it was successfully
> > compiled.  It's available under buildroot/sys/.compile_030 (or 040, or
> > deb, etc... just do a ls -la to see what hidden dirs are there).
>
> I figured the kernel itself was done and the xaaes was all that was
> left.  I just assumed that any dependent code would be packaged with the
> kernel, and didn't even consider that gemlib would be needed.
>
> Thanks for the help!

GEMLib is not needed.  The kernel build is kind of incorrect in that it
is all encompassing, toswin2, xaaes, etc.  tons of stuff in addition to
kernel and all xfs/xdd, etc.

Thanks,
Mark