Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Henk Robbers wrote:

> > suggested to let VDI use moose (or mouse) as well. Even if it wasn't
> > stolen the event queue in moose is not synchronized with what VDI sees.
>
> I am not sure if I understand what mean.
> The original moose hooked into the IKBD vector, there were some problems, but not
> regarding mouse positioning.

I never had problems with mouse positioning under XaAES. Rather there were
problems during dragging things since (if I understood it correctly)
during the drag you switch from Fselect(moose) to VDI mouse vectors. From
this I deduced that there's a synchronization problem between mouse status
in moose and mouse status in VDI.

> The AES opens the physical workstation. So it is natural that the AES uses ALL of
> the VDI. including its mouse vectors.

This is of course true. But how does the VDI read mouse when moose is
active?

> For the AES the IKBD vector is too low a level.

I suggested to let VDI use moose (or mouse) so that VDI and XaAES would
have the same information - the mouse status would be synchronized.

Petr
--
News: Clocky 3.10b, PARCP 3.80!, Atari800 1.04 at http://joy.atari.org/