Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

Hi Petr

Petr Stehlik wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Henk Robbers wrote:
>
> > The current dev/mouse in MiNT is almost usable. The only problem seems
> > to be that the IKBD event is not correctly handed back to let the VDI
> > redraw the mouse sprite.
>
> I think the IKBD event is stolen once the moose is active.

Yes.

> That's why I
> suggested to let VDI use moose (or mouse) as well. Even if it wasn't
> stolen the event queue in moose is not synchronized with what VDI sees.

I am not sure if I understand what mean.
The original moose hooked into the IKBD vector, there were some problems, but not
regarding mouse positioning.

The AES opens the physical workstation. So it is natural that the AES uses ALL of
the VDI. including its mouse vectors.

The old moose can be used to see how the IKBD vectors can be used such that the
VDI is not affected.

For the AES the IKBD vector is too low a level.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl