Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Henk Robbers wrote:

> > I think /dev/mouse is not used in any application. What console and what
> > text cursor do you mean?
> >
> I have never been a unix user. I would say whatever methed there is to use
> MiNT purely in text mode.

I would say that the /dev/mouse was simply never used. It was just
implemented but since it uses Sun protocol I am afraid nobody uses it
really. At least the natural users (AES, vconsd and gpm) don't use it
today (AFAIK). This also means that we are more or less free to change the
current implementation (e.g. reverse Y-axis as you said).

> > > So nobody (but me :) ever had the change to see that there is a little bug
> > > in it.
> >
> > Is it a real bug or just a problem of VDI being locked out?
>
> I'll do a more thorough study of the dev/mouse code and send you what I can
> find in more detail.

/dev/mouse does nothing special, really. It just collects the IKBD packet
and converts it to Sun format. Packet for packet. No buffering or anything
else (please correct me if I am wrong - again I am in office and recalling
things from my poor memory).

Petr
--
News: Clocky 3.10b, PARCP 3.80!, Atari800 1.04 at http://joy.atari.org/