Re: [MiNT] administativia

Thomas Binder <gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> As for PGP signatures: Why would someone prefer having them /in/ the
> message, instead of in an attachment? For mailers that don't recognize
> MIME encoded messages, this makes no difference at all, as they will
> show the signature, anyway. For MIME-aware clients, you won't see it
> unless you want to.

For MUA's that do not understand PGP/MIME (but understand PGP
signatures) it makes a difference, as then one can check the signature
with such a MUA. With PGP/MIME aware MUA's only, attached signatures are
nicer.

> Furthermore, using MIME-PGP-signatures is the only way to properly
> sign multipart messages, i.e. not only the text, but all included
> attachments as well (see RFC 2015 for details).

True.

> Of course, if people are too annoyed of my PGP signatures, I will switch
> them off.

Please don't, pgp-signing is really the only way to authenticate a mail
(although that is not really important on this list)