Re: [MiNT] administativia

Hi!

On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 11:26:46AM +0100, Jo-Even.Skarstein@gjensidige.no wrote:
> 	---- Not possible in my case. Don't even ask, it's just not possible
> to configure MS Outlook to do something like this. ----

It is (at least with OE, but I can't imagine Outlook is missing this),
there's some option like "US-style headers" which enables the use of
"Re:". One drawback, though, is that at least older versions of Outlook
Express didn't put a "> " in front of quotes anymore.

But after all, it's always possible to change the subject line manually,
even with Outlook ...

> 	---- Again, not possible with MS Outlook. ----

In OE, there's some option for character sets ("Tools - Options - Read -
International Settings"), I assume Outlook will have something similar.

As for PGP signatures: Why would someone prefer having them /in/ the
message, instead of in an attachment? For mailers that don't recognize
MIME encoded messages, this makes no difference at all, as they will
show the signature, anyway. For MIME-aware clients, you won't see it
unless you want to. Furthermore, using MIME-PGP-signatures is the only
way to properly sign multipart messages, i.e. not only the text, but all
included attachments as well (see RFC 2015 for details).

Of course, if people are too annoyed of my PGP signatures, I will switch
them off.

Ciao

Thomas

--