Re: Ssystem bug

> There's a bug in mkbuild.c that produces a bogus build.h.  This
> bug results in a bug of Ssystem (only for version 1.14.7):
>
> 	Day of week | 1.14.7 | else (correct)
> 	------------+--------+---------------
> 	Monday      | 1      | 1
> 	...         | ...    | ...
> 	Saturday    | 6      | 6
> 	Sunday      | 0 (!)  | 7
>
> 	Month       | 1.14.7 | else (correct)
> 	------------+--------+---------------
> 	January     | 0      | 1
> 	February    | 1      | 2
> 	...         | ...    | ...
> 	November    | 10     | 11
> 	December    | 11     | 12
>
> Library bindings and other implementations should check the
> MiNT version especially if the values found are used as indexes
> into arrays.

I've already fixed this (in mkbuild.c); unfortunately, after pl 7 release.
That is, we can allow 1.14.7 to display "Sun 5 Mar" though 5th March,
Sunday 1998 does not exist :) From next release it will return 1 for Jan,
2 for Feb etc.

Day of week is most problematic, because Sunday may be considered as 1st
day of a week or as a last day of a week. So it is uncertain whether to
return 0, 1 or 7. But according to the Bible :-) we can use 7 for Sunday
:)

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.