[Freemint-list] XaAES Russian fonts

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Mon May 8 16:03:04 MSD 2017

> OK, I will make how-to for latest build (b49):

Thanks for the how-to! I was able to reproduce it however the switching
didn't work for some reason -- it even looked like XaAES/TeraDesk is
corrupted, had to reset aranym to get normal behaviour. For you it works
all right? Can you use any CTRL/ALT combo (there's two of them on PC
keyboard)

you will see current status as one of the following:

> < Switch keyboard layout, current: default       (uk) or
> < Switch keyboard layout, current: british(uk) or
> < Switch keyboard layout, current: russian(lv)
>
> What I need to change russian(lv) to russian(ru).

Interestingly, this is not hardcoded. It's taken from the country code
which is defined like this:

*/**
*[...]*

* *  3 = England     11 = Norway        19 = Russia     27 = Croatia*
*[...]*

* * 32 = Latvia      40 = Vietnam       48 = Bangladesh*
*[...]*

* */*

*static char countrycodes[] =*
*
"endefrukesitsefsgstrfinodksanlczhuplltrueebyuaskrobgslhrcscsmkgrlvilzaptbejpcnkpvninirmnnplakhidbd";*

As you can see, for some reason the index used isn't 19 but 32. This index
is taken from the _AKP cookie which is set by EmuTOS which in turn try to
create it based on NVRAM settings. So... did you set your NVRAM properly?

> And it is also strange that we have so much spaces in 'default       (uk)'.

Yeah, it does look strange. It's really hardcoded like this:

*char *xa_strings[] = {*
*[...]*

* "default     ", *
*[...]*

I really don't know what purpose it's supposed to serve, there's only one
usage of this string, in about.c.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org