[Freemint-list] XaAES Russian fonts

Dima Sobolev avtandil33 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 17:28:57 MSD 2017

Dear Miro,

Monday, May 8, 2017, 3:03:04 PM, you wrote:

> OK, I will make how-to for latest build (b49):

> Thanks for the how-to! I was able to reproduce it however the
> switching didn't work for some reason -- it even looked like
> XaAES/TeraDesk is corrupted, had to reset aranym to get normal
> behaviour. For you it works all right? Can you use any CTRL/ALT
> combo (there's two of them on PC keyboard)

Yes. Initially it was Left Ctrl + Left Alt + <-sign,
but as I'm using MacBook, I changed '<' to '1' for me.
You can use any other key with Left Ctrl + Left Alt instead.

BTW '<' is also not working for me, just try another HotKey.

> you will see current status as one of the following:

>  < Switch keyboard layout, current: default       (uk) or
>  < Switch keyboard layout, current: british(uk) or
>  < Switch keyboard layout, current: russian(lv)

>  What I need to change russian(lv) to russian(ru).

> Interestingly, this is not hardcoded. It's taken from the country code which is defined like this:

> /*
> [...]
>  *  3 = England     11 = Norway        19 = Russia     27 = Croatia

> [...]
>  * 32 = Latvia      40 = Vietnam       48 = Bangladesh

> [...]
>  */

> static char countrycodes[] =

> "endefrukesitsefsgstrfinodksanlczhuplltrueebyuaskrobgslhrcscsmkgrlvilzaptbejpcnkpvninirmnnplakhidbd";

> As you can see, for some reason the index used isn't 19 but 32.
> This index is taken from the _AKP cookie which is set by EmuTOS
> which in turn try to create it based on NVRAM settings. So... did you set your NVRAM properly?

In   the   early  2013  I  opened  the  discussion to swap the country
indexes between Russia and Latvia, and it was done then, but it seems in
one place still was not changed.

Below is the letter from Alan:
==============================

==============================

>From  where  come  this  char sequence - from EMUTOS or from Mint ? If
still EmuTOS, I will apply in their list.

> And it is also strange that we have so much spaces in 'default      (uk)'.

> Yeah, it does look strange. It's really hardcoded like this:
>
> char *xa_strings[] = {
> [...]
>         "default     ",

> [...]

> I really don't know what purpose it's supposed to serve, there's
> only one usage of this string, in about.c.

Seems   it   related   to   longest   translation.   But  what  if  we
simply delete unnecessary spaces ?

Best regards,
 Dima                            mailto:avtandil33 at gmail.com