Re: [MiNT] C++

On Wednesday 06 November 2013 17:25:24 Matthias Arndt wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 05.11.2013, 22:30 +0100 schrieb Jean-François Lemaire:
> > >
> > > .. and packages for FAT-only systems with classical Atari hierarchy
> > > without Unix structure ;)
> >
> > Packages containing what? All standard GEM/TOS applications I know of may
> > be copied within standard GEMDOS drives. And please describe what is a
> > "classical Atari hierarchy" :-)
>
> Tools such as bash, gcc, the Mintnet tooling etc

These are Unix programs; it's logical that they require a Unix file system
hierarchy.

> Each and every rpm package for Sparemint assumes full unix directories,
> that's what I meant. So far I personally have to rip those apart, e.q.
> unpack on the PC, rename apps to .ttp/.tos/.prg and copy them to my
> Falcon.

In other words, you're making your life more complicated than it needs to be.
Install Sparemint and be done with it. Nobody is going to waste his time
repackaging Unix packages. This would be insane.

> On the Atari, not all users desire having a full unix file system.
> I use Linux myself on my PC but I don't see the need for the full
> infrastructure on my Ataris. Ataris are Ataris, slick, small and error
> free without command shells :)

Then don't install Gcc or bash. I don't get it.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire