Re: [MiNT] C++

On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 20:25:06 , Jean-François Lemaire <jflemaire@skynet.be> wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 November 2013 17:25:24 Matthias Arndt wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 05.11.2013, 22:30 +0100 schrieb Jean-François L
> emaire:
> ek:
> onsider
> re

> hy
> > >
> > > Packages containing what? All standard GEM/TOS applications I know
> of may
> > > be copied within standard GEMDOS drives. And please describe what i
> s a
> > > "classical Atari hierarchy" :-)
> >

> > On the Atari, not all users desire having a full unix file system.
> > I use Linux myself on my PC but I don't see the need for the full
> > infrastructure on my Ataris. Ataris are Ataris, slick, small and erro
> > free without command shells :)
>
> Then don't install Gcc or bash. I don't get it.
>
> Cheers,
> JFL

I avoided a full Mint system for a while but I tried Jo-Evens
"emulator" and realised I need not have worried.

Later I sacrificed a small partition to ext2 and installed all the
/etc /usr stuff eventually installing EasyMint.

For normal GEM use you don't even need to know it's there but
if you want to use a "unix" app then it can be installed and
used. It's like having a dual-boot without needing to reboot.

Peter